Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:22:48 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>
To:        Roberto Jung Drebes <drebes@inf.ufrgs.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any user mounting a disc?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Roberto Jung Drebes wrote:

> How can I make any user have permission to mount a disc, something like
> the "user" linux option in fstab?

Look for "How do I let ordinary users mount floppies and other removable
media?" in /usr/share/doc/faq/book.txt.

Don't forget to add "vfs.usermount=1" to /etc/sysctl.conf.

--
Carlos A. M. dos Santos

Federal University of Pelotas         Meteorological Research Center
Av. Ildefonso Simoes Lopes 2791       Pelotas, RS, Brasil, CEP 96060-290
WWW: http://www.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br   RENPAC (X.25): 153231641
Phone: +55 53 277-6767                FAX: +55 53 277-6722