Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2010 02:34:48 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: It's annoying when something other than rsyncd listens on tco/873

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:20:31 -0400
jhell <jhell@dataix.net> wrote:

> The problem that I came across was that /usr/local/etc/rc.d is parsed
> long after /etc/rc.d contents so adding the BEFORE to the rsync start
> script would not help or didn't at that time.

That only matters if you  need to sort before the early-late divider and
you can't move the divider - it shouldn't be an issue here.

I would suggest making a copy of the rc.d script, edit it to give it a
different name, and rename the file to match - that way it won't get
overwritten and the installed file wont interfere.