Date:      20 Mar 1998 15:06:15 -0800
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@pain.Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   screen, delete.

I've just upgraded a machine to 2.2.6-980319-BETA, and everything seems to
work fine except screen.  Something doesn't handle/send the delete key
properly.

I connect from my home machine (2.2.5, running XFree86 3.3.1, via ssh) to
the -stable machine.  When I'm not running screen, I can hit the delete key
and applications see that as \127.  When I run the same applications under
screen, they see ^[[3~.  With 2.2.5 or 2.2.2, hitting delete under screen
sends \127.

Most applications that are linked with libtermcap seem affected (it seems
that xemacs handles this properly).

This appears independent of which shell or terminal type I use (I've
tried csh and bash, and the termtypes "screen", vt100, vt220, and ansi).

Can anyone else reproduce (or better -- explain) this?  I don't see any PRs
in this area.

--
 faried.