Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2014 15:17:02 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: roundcube's switch to composer, anything plugin port maintainers should be doing?

Am 03.06.2014 um 14:44 schrieb Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>:

> Signierter PGP Teil
> Stefan Bethke ha scritto:
> > I was in the process of upgrading a roundcube plugin (sauserprefs)
> > and noticed that roundcube is switching/has swichted to composer.
> > This is the first time I=92ve come across composer. Should I ignore
> > that for the moment? Is there work underway to convert the plugin
> > ports to use composer? Should the plugin ports be removed in favor
> > of using composer manually? Is composer production ready yet?
> >
> > Inquiring minds want to know=85
>=20
> Hi Stefan, like you this is the first time I've come across
> 'composer'. It's a dependency manager, I have no plans to support it,
> you can ignore it for the moment.

The problem seems to be that plugin authors are moving to the new plugin =
repository, which is based around Composer.  The original download link =
for sauserprefs is already gone.

Unfortunately, for sauserprefs, there's only a snapshot version tagged =
(as I understand it), and the old version numbers for the plugin seem to =
have been abandoned.

I could start doing dated snapshots from the plugins site on my own =
mirror, but this doesn't seem it's the right thing to do.  I
ll get in touch with my plugin's author to see what his take is on the =
situation.

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811