Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:56:43 +0200
From:      Paolo Pisati <p.pisati@oltrelinux.com>
To:        FreeBSD_Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hey, is there space for a newbie? =)

Hi guys,

as I said in the subject i'm a newbies of the kernel, but i used
FreeBSD for years, so when the time to write my final thesis
in my university arrived i immediately thought to help in some
way the FreeBSD group.

Here there's a mini list of things i would like to work on, tell me
which one is available and fell free to add any other project you
think could help the FreeBSD community in general.

-the kernel memory allocator: if i remember correctly FreeBSD still
uses a power-of-two algorithm, what do you think about a
buddy-list algo, slab allocator or something new?

-a fs with journaling: some times ago, i would like to develop
my own fs with journaling, but right now i could even drop the
dream of my own fs and JUST port the xfs/jfs for FreeBSD..

-kgi: is it dead or what?

any ideas is welcome.... =)

--

Paolo