Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:52:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        howardsue@gmail.com
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [DCR] Remove devstat

In message: <1e89cd51050614053073cd94cd@mail.gmail.com>
            Sue Howard <howardsue@gmail.com> writes:
: Anyway, since devicestat is only used for collect statistics, I'd like
: to remove the this type from the devstat. And we can implement this
: type into devclass(device_t?? maybe). This is what I proposed. It will
: bring some benifits like remove the long regex to match NIC interface
: in devd.conf, etc.

One can actually remove it already because the 'link up' messages from
the network layer are sufficiently unique...

Warner