Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:44:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   source code archives?

   This may not be entirely appropriate for the BSD group; but
   it is of parallel interest to most of us, so I'll pose it.

   Does anybody know where there are lists of all or most
   *Nix freeware?  Before UUNET went bigtime, they had lists
   of all the comp.sources.* groups.   Some ftp sites have
   indices of separate volumes, but I haven't seen a single
   index archived anywhere.

   A few days ago I started looking for an ASCII-to-PostScript
   filter and eventually found it thanks to archie.  It was the
   same filter that was published in comp.sources.misc in '91.

   Have one site that carries archives of all Unix-type src would
   make life easier.  Or multiple sites.

   In anybody know, please drop a line.

   gary kline