Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:09:36 -0500
From:      "Peter A. Schwenk" <schwenk@voicenet.com>
To:        Matt Jezorek <matt@terraserver.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA

You should probably go to the freebsd web site, http://www.freebsd.org,
and search for the PAO (I don't know what that stands for) project.
Essentially it's an enhanced version of FreeBSD that works better with
laptop hardware.  You should look to see if your hardware is supported
before proceeding.  I was playing around with an old Gateway Colorbook,
and it wouldn't work because of a multi-function PCMCIA card (not
supported).