Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:39:34 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ** HEADS UP ** Groff 1.17 (including -mdocNG) imported

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 17:04:19 +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> Why do you think it is gone?

I base yourself on commit logs and miss repo copy.

> difference in implementation (the current implementation simply redefines
> some -mdoc string variables), if you run ``nroff -mdoc'' for English manpage,
> and your LANG environment variable is set to ru_RU.KOI8-R, you will get the
> corrupted output.

This is unacceptable and must be fixed soon (LANG supposed to be always
set for Russians, and requiring extra argument for nroff is very
contr-intuitive in the light of the fact that old version works without
it).

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/