Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:21:21 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nfs-exporting /usr/X11R6 w/ different graphics hardware, X symlink?

Hi!

Short question, not really FreeBSD related, but still:

I want to nfs mount /usr/X11R6 on our workstations. Our machines do not
all have the same graphics adapters, so the 'X' symlink in
/usr/X11R6/bin should point to different server binaries for different
machines. This is probably not easily done :) (Hmmm... amd, maybe?)

Do I need the X symlink. Can I bypass it somehow?

Regards,
Palle