Date:      Sun, 05 Nov 95 09:12:22 -0800
From:      Gerald Neufeld <neufeld@cs.ubc.ca>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help for CDPLAY

I have the following problem with my Sony CD when using cdplay (xcdplayer).

% cdplay cd0
CD> play 1 1
cd(ahc0:3:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:26,0 Invalid field in parameter list
cdplay: Invalid argument

Other commands to cdplay work such as tocentry, eject however play does
not.I have tried the cd using both Win 95 and Linux. In both these cases
the cd works fine (I used workman under Linux). Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I am using a Adaptec 2940 SCSI-2 controller for the cd.

---
Gerald Neufeld | <neufeld@cs.ubc.ca> | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/neufeld