Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:59:26 -0800
From:      Tasha Henderson <tashah@mmgco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Press release for FreeBSD Editor

Dear Editor,

Below is a press release regarding the 100th issue of I-Search digest.
I-Search
is a free email discussion list released twice a week.  The topics range from
web developing to search engine optimization.

I believe I-Search’s content is relevant to FreeBSD and will be of interest to
your readers.

Please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Tasha Henderson, Media Relations, (541) 617-5300

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Marshall Simmonds
Chief Search Engine Strategist, MMG
mailto:mds@mmgco.com
http://www.mmgco.com
I-Search: http://www.audettemedia.com/i-search

I-Search Celebrates 100th Issue

Bend, OR -- February 18, 1999 (INB) -- I-Search Digest, an e-mail
discussion list covering search engine optimization (SEO),
celebrates its 100th issue this week.

Launched one year ago, I-Search currently boasts over 4,000 members
 and is growing at a rate of 100 newcomers per week.

The twice-weekly free e-mail publication covers:

-- SEO strategies and techniques
-- Effective Web design
-- Portal news and developments

Detailed discussions frequently focus on Yahoo!, Alta Vista,
Excite, Hot Bot, Infoseek, Lycos, and Web Crawler; plus
international, pay-per click and specialized search engines.

“One of the great things about the digest is that the members' Web
 design expertise ranges from beginner to expert,” said Marshall
Simmonds, I-Search moderator. Simmonds is also chief search engine
 strategist for online marketing firm MMG <http://www.mmgco.com>.
"The members create the backbone of the digest. They share
experiences and offer advice that is beneficial to other readers."

According to the latest GVU study
<http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/gvu/user_surveys/survey-1998-10/graphs/use/q52.ht
m>,
85% of those surveyed use search engines to find Web pages. In
addition, Search Engine Watch reports that 80% of all user sessions
 start at a search engine.

The goal with search engine optimization is to have a site place as
 high as possible in response to a query for identified keyword
phrases. All search engines use fixed criteria in their indexing
process, however they are all different and they change the methods
 they use to evaluate relevancy with frequently. With knowledge of
 the criteria used by each, it is possible to configure a Web page
 so as to optimize where it places in the list of query results.

For more information on I-Search or to subscribe to the free e-mail newsletter,
send a blank e-mail to
<mailto:join-i-search@list.mmgco.com> or visit
<http://www.audettemedia.com/i-search>;

###