Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:58:42 +0000
From:      Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Convert DOS -> Unix text

"David J. Kanter" wrote:

> I use two flavors of Emacs: one on DOS, one on BSD. The BSD version
> complains when compiling my c++ programs because DOS uses a different kind
> of carriage return than Unix. The warning I get is:
>
> warning: carriage return in preprocessing directive
>
> How can I convert DOS text into BSD text? I looked at convert, but that
> seems to be for images only.
> --
> David Kanter
> djkanter@nwu.edu

There is no such a history of different kind o carriage return.
What is carriage return under DOS is under Free too.

Try ot install unix2dos util (under ports/converters)

--
The polite thing to do has always been to address people as they wish
to be addressed, to treat them in a way they think dignified.  But it