Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:26:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Lawrence Wickline" <larryw@katlar.com>
To:        <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        <larryw@katlar.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA/Wireless freezes and/or disconnects

Ok then I misunderstood.
I haven't updated any firmware on the card, in windows or otherwise. I
looked on the site a couple of days ago and there is no firmware update
that I could find. If you know of one I would be happy to try it out and
report back.

The card is listed in pcmcia.conf so I assume it worked at one time for
someone. I also checked and the card is wi-fi compliant, so it should work
from my understanding.

either way it works in windows so the base funtionality is operational and
should be in BSD as well. The compliancy is supposed to assure that
correct?

Am I missing something here? I will probably fail back to 4.6 to see if
this issue exists in it, but from the achives I have been seeing it is
suggested I may have the same problem with the locking/freezing issue as
well. I don't look forward to this and was hoping for imput to avoid it.

I have since gone back and added all the wicontol commands to my script
that covered the default settings that I wasn't setting previosly and set
them manually just in case I missed something.

Now after following this list and questions I am seeing the I may not be
the only one having this problem.

I do also have the card removal problem that everyone else seems to have.
That is why I was wondering if they are related. It takes up to 40 seconds
for the OS to realise I have pulled the card. and a good 10-30 second to
realise I put it back in and get it running. That doesn't seem to point to
a firmware problem to me.

Is there some way to pull up a log with what is going on with the card?
wicontrol -C isn't much use.

Hopefully I have done my homework here. If I missed something or need to
try something let me know. I need to get this fixed.

<quote who="M. Warner Losh">