Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 00:45:07 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        wsantee@wsantee.oz.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sudo port in the future?

 * I was wondering if anybody is working on a port for the latest version
 * of sudo.  The vanilla distribution craps out in a yacc file and I'm
 * afraid I don't know yacc syntax rules.

I'm not aware, but if you can point me (us?) to the latest version, I
can certainly take a look.

 * 1) The defaults for ytalk (executing 'make' from the
 * /usr/ports/net/ytalk directory) assume that the machine has X
 * installed (which my poor 386-40 with limited diskspace wont enjoy
 * running).  Easy enough to get around by just going into the work/ytalk
 * directory and executing 'make' all by it's lonesome.  Maybe a
 * dependency check or a user question would fit the bill.

I'll try to fix this.  I think we can "ldconfig -r | grep X11" and
decided depending on the return value.  Of course, if someone beats me
to it, I won't object. :)

 * 2) On my machine, making the pdksh-5.1.3 port hangs during the
 * configure script while checking for mmap.  From then on, anything that
 * tries to access the directory where make was running loses terminal
 * control.  I was stupid and tried to enter the directory from all my
 * virtual terminals leaving me with no way to shutdown the system
 * except the three-fingered salute.  I am running the 950412 snapshot
 * and just supped the distribution yesterday (95/04/25).

This problem has been fixed just a couple of days ago.  You can try to
rebuild your kernel and see how it goes.

 * 3) Not really ports related, but when trying to install the
 * pdksh-5.1.3 package (retrieved from freefall), it craps out on a call
 * to one of the mtools exe's (I'll have to go back to see if I remember
 * which one).

I'll leave this one to Jordan.... :)

Satoshi