Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:03:22 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User PPP

> I've gotten User PPP set up on my 3.2-S machine. I have natd running so that I
> can access the "outside world" from my windoze machine (connected by crossover
> ethernet).
> Runnin 'ppp -background' once works fine, but when I disconnect (using kill -1)
> and then reconnect I can't get any packets to go out. I think its a routing
> problem since 'netstat -r' takes about 5 minutes to show the routing tables, but
> the table looks fine once it finally comes up. What am I doing wrong? And what
> is the proper way to disconnect a background ppp process?

You probably need the -dynamic switch to natd so that it picks up the
IP number change (assuming you've got a dynamic IP).  This is
assuming you want to continue doing things the painful way.

The easy way is to use the -alias switch to ppp and do away with natd
altogether.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>