Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:42:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-maintainers?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

> I just had an idea.. what if this list could also include commit
> messages relating only to ports?
>
> Kinda like cvs-all but only for ports?

I was just about to suggest this.  With the orville-write port I
submitted, when a buffer overflow was found, I only found out days
afterword and when a friend of mine emailed me the advisory.

This got stranger when I notified the original author just a couple days
ago.  He was kind of bothered that nobody told him.  This is probably not
the responsibility of the FreeBSD project but making it easy for the ports
maintainers to see things can knock down a barrier in communication.

Jamie