Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 00:40:24 -0400
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        DarKnight <darknight@biosys.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation problem...

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 09:02:57PM -0700, DarKnight wrote:

> after i setup my hardware configuration and save it, it's supposted to
> begin to boot, probing for hardware etc right? well, mine just freezes
> with a cursor at the top of the screen, any help would be GREATLY
> appreciated, thanks.

Be sure that you aren't deleting "sc0" during the hardware
configuration.  This device is the system console, and if you get
rid of it, FreeBSD obligingly stops using your keyboard and
video card in favor of a serial console.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.