Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:27:37 +0100
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Categories info?

Hello,

I can find Information about a category when I'm looking into the
${PORTSDIR}/category/pkg/COMMENT file.

But there are several categories which dont have a own directory (like
gnome, afterstep, perl, zend, ...)
Is there anywhere a Information about them stored on my system?

I know I can find that when I'm looking at
http://www.freebsd.org/ports.  But I need them to write a programm
which should read that out for me, so I would be glad if there is some
information about that on my system.  Otherwise I have to write the
information from the website directly into my programm and I have to
change that when there comes a new category up.

Thanks for Information,
Martin