Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:46:04 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, shih@math.jussieu.fr
Cc:        Michel Le Cocq <Michel.Lecocq@lipn.univ-paris13.fr>
Subject:   Re: watchdog network card

On Monday 27 March 2006 07:37, Albert Shih wrote:

> > cat /var/log/messages
> >
> > Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
> > Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> > Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
> > Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Mar 25 21:49:45 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> > Mar 25 21:49:46 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to UP
>
> I don't have exactly same problem because when my bge0 going down he never
> comme back. I just stay in down and I just have lots of message like
>

>         bge0 watchdog timeout problems
>         fxp1 watchdog timeout problems
>

> Any idea ?

is your card in polling mode ?

it seems that since a month almost all NICs are having the timeout/up-down=
=20
trouble on releng_6 and it is worse when running SMP kernel

It seems that sometimes and IRQ conflict is envolved and setting the=20
IRQs/Slots better the timeout do go away or running the cards in polling mo=
de=20
also helps

=46or FXP you may also try to download the microcode with `ifconfig fxp0 li=
nk0`=20

Jo=E3o