Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:04:59 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLan-like cards and wi0

--==_Exmh_2041155957P

If memory serves me right, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> This is a bit off the topic, but I have been contemplating wireless
> ethernet for a while and one thing has always eluded me -- exactly what
> cards are supported and under what driver? I know of several cards, but
> you mention the linksys and d-link cards... Are those just wavelan
> copycats? Is there a list anywhere cross referencing manufacturer and
> driver?

Ummm.  Have you ever tried looking in RELNOTES.TXT or HARDWARE.TXT for
this kind of info?  It kind of irks me when I spend a bunch of time
updating this files and people don't read them.

(OK, we don't list the correspondence between cards and drivers but
there's a list of supported cards.  Corrections or additions
to this list are always welcome.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_2041155957P

--==_Exmh_2041155957P--