Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:01:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neil Short <neshort@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd in compaq presario 900

--- Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> BTW, AFAICT it doesn't have an amd64 chip, just a
> regular 32 bit
> Athlon. So you'd want to install an i386 version of
> FreeBSD, not the
> amd64 one.

My laptop (HP ZV5000) is the same as the Compaq R3000.
It has the same exact problems; although I ordered an
Athlon XP-M processor for it (for some dumb reason).
All the AMD64 patches for the compaq/hp laptops have
been applicable to mine as well - even though the
processor isn't 64 bit

=====
If history always begins this morning, the world holds
exciting surprises around every corner (241).
--Ann Coulter. Treason.