Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:06:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, rdivacky@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Flash plugin with opera or linux-opera on 7.0-Release

Roman Divacky wrote:
 > > Does someone have an idea how to get this working?
 > > Otherwise I'll have to downgrade to FreeBSD 6, which
 > > means more wasted time.  :-(
 >
 > can you try 7-STABLE? there's a bug with mmap() that might
 > cause various problems and it's fixed in 7-STABLE but not
 > in 7.0R

I'm now running a fresh RELENG_7, but it doesn't make
a difference, I'm afraid.  The error is still exactly
the same.

Actually I'm not sure if it's a regression in the linux
emulation ...  It could well be something I do wrong,
or something I forgot during update.

This is the complete output I get:

(<unknown>:1174): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
The program '<unknown>' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 97 error_code 8 request_code 147 minor_code 3)
opera: Plug-in 1174 is not responding. It will be closed.
opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.

Best regards
   Oliver

"It combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion different
sublanguages in one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C
with the readability of PostScript."
        -- Jamie Zawinski, when asked: "What's wrong with perl?"