Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:03:19 -0700
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions about Nics and Freebsd

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:49:06 -0400
Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net> wrote:

> 	HI again all.  Silly question.  I've used almost exclusively
> 	3com nics in
> my equipment here and had almost zero troubles with them over the long
>
> term.  Problem is they're between 2 and 3 times as expensive as many
> other nics out there.
>
> 	My questions are simple.
> 	1.  Which nics work with freebsd and which don't?
> 	2.  Of the nics that work with freebsd, how would you rate each
> 	one of
> them on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best.

I don't know which are considered better than others, but for a list of
which type of cards FreeBSD 4.6 supports have a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET
Seems to me that if you've had good luck with 3c in the past that you
might as well stick with them.

Nathan