Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:47:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hugo (6s-gaming.com)" <admin@6s-gaming.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ipfw//dummynet question

Hi list,

Say I want to limit the bandwidth from all inside my lan to the outside.
I'd create the pipes and make 2 rules to pipe any traffic (in&out). My
question is, would creating these 2 rules make all traffic be promptly
accepted, or would they be accepted or blocked based on the rest of the
ruleset? If they're accepted upon the pipe rule, how to make they be piped
BUT only accepted if they match any of the rules on the ruleset? Do I need
to create pipe rules for _everything_ ?

Regards,

Hugo

--