Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:01:26 -0500
From:      "Howie Xu" <hxu@rios.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ISR not being called upon the interrupt comes in

Hi there,

I used pci_map_int() to register an interrupt handler for my device (intline
= 12). But when the interrupt comes in, the handler (ISR) did not kick in at
all.

The reason I am sure that my handler was never called is because the only
statement in the ISR is panic("..."). But my machine never panic when the
intr comes in (verified by the pci logic analyzer).

Could anyone give me any hint that might lead to this ISR not being called
upon interrupt?

I did verified the return value of pci_map_int() is right. Actually, I
looked deep in the pci_map_int() implementation, and it simply calls
intr_create() and intr_connect() in the sys/kern/kern_intr.c.

Any kind of comments/hints/help would be greatly appreciated. Or if you can
let me know a way to debug it is also very very welcome.

Thanks,

-Howie