Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 1995 19:28:46 -0500
From:      jerryk@indy.net (Jerry Kelley)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mosaic problem

I'm afraid I already know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway.
I've fired up Mosaic under XFree86 and when I launch, I get a boatload of
warnings about key translations in the Xterm window where I launched.
Mosaic does run but using the keyboard is almost impossible.  My guess is
that I'm missing some Motif libraries.  Is that the case?

To eat crow, Andreas Schulz posted a message that Motif libraries are
required to use Mosaic and I replied that I've got it running.  Well I
jumped to conclusions here.  I'm afraid the story is that I need those Motif
libraries after all.

(BTW, I am going to try Netscape.  I use it on my Windows machine (please
don't hate me) and it works great.  But I'm still a fan of Mosaic and NCSA
and wanted to give it a fair shot.)

I'll probably also look at Chimera and I wanted to complete with Mosaic first.

-------

Jerry Kelley
jerryk@indy.net

"If Bill Gates can do it, ANYONE can do it!  And I mean that!"