Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:59:20 +0500
From:      "victor" <vit@gus.orgus.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   modem

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BE1934.33BD7280

My modem CourierV34 sometimes sticks. I mean to say that despite the =
connection is broken it keeps holding the line as if it is still =
connected to the remote modem.
Is there any shell command in FreeBSD which could reset the modem. If it =
is I could write a shell script which would scan from time to time all =
ppp-connections (for example, every 5 minutes) and remove the lost one.
Thanks.

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BE1934.33BD7280

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dkoi8-r http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Cyr" size=3D2>My modem CourierV34 sometimes =
sticks. I mean=20
to say that despite the connection is broken it keeps holding the line =
as if it=20
is still connected to the remote modem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Cyr" size=3D2>Is there any shell command in =
FreeBSD which=20
could reset the modem. If it is I could write a shell script which would =
scan=20
from time to time all ppp-connections (for example, every 5 minutes) and =
remove=20
the lost one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Cyr" =
size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BE1934.33BD7280--