Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Hagan <dhagan@cs.vt.edu>
To:        "Chutima S." <chutima_s@zdnetonebox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to automatic transfer file without security weakness.

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Chutima S. wrote:

> Currently in my all system I used rcp and rsh with cron
> to automatatic transfer file. But I think it may be some
> weakness of security.

Check rdist(1) also.  Under FreeBSD you can use -P to specify a rsh
replacement (i.e. -P ssh) which would give you the benefits of rdist's
semi-smart updates and using ssh for security.

Daniel

--
Daniel Hagan                                             Computer Science CSE
dhagan@cs.vt.edu                                http://www.cs.vt.edu/~dhagan/