Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:38:49 +0100
From:      simond@irrelevant.org
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Networking on Firewire?

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:36:15PM +0200, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

> Hello,
> some of our newest systems got Firewire (IEEE-1394) on board and since
> that one is
> about 4 times as fast than 100BT, I was wondering whether I could use
> it as a cheap high bandwith LAN technology like some people do with
> USB (slooooow....)? And while I'm on it: is support for Firewire HDs
> already in place?

Unfortunately there's no existing Firewire driver code, I'm looking forward
to it too though due to my Vaio having firewire and the networking bit
did catch my attention :)

(Well, there's alpha firewire code which can be used in -current, but I
don't think it's usable yet)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"