Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:22:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        "Parthasarathy M. Aji" <partha@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Clinton Xavier Berni <xavier@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: ip checksum

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Parthasarathy M. Aji wrote:

!>Hey,
!>
!>I am trying to recompute the checksum of an IP packet. I use
!>netinet/in_chksum.c to do this. The values returned are not correct. I've
!>reset the ip_sum field to 0 before doing the sum. Is there something
!>missing?
!>
!>thanks
!>
!>

	Would you be able to provide some code to illustrate the situation?
  There are several things that may go wrong. What exactly are you trying
  to do here? (You may be using the wrong procedure) and what are you
  getting for return values?

  --Bosko

--
  Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>

  "I want now to tell you, gentlemen, whether you care to hear it or not,
  why I could not even become an insect." --F. Dostoyevski