Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:41:56 -0600
From:      "RYAN vAN GINNEKEN" <rmvg@computerking.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RESET FIREWALL WITHOUT REBOOT

hello group

I need to know how to stop and start my firewall rules without resetting =
my computer as I am on ADSL and have a dynamic ip that I do not want to =
change.  seems to change mostly when I reboot mostly.

so here is the dilemma I run bind apache bincimap postfix and a few =
others it is my only server right now and it cant go down because if I =
do not get my clients emails I go bankrupt.

I what to set up a firewall and have compiled the necessary items into =
the kernel
did this when I first set up my system many reboots ago
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPDIVERT

I have created a file called rc.fw4
and I have set my rc.conf=20

#ipv4 firewall
firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_type=3D"/etc/rc.fw4"
firewall_script=3D"/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_quiet=3D"NO"

IS THERE A WAY ACTIVATE ALL THIS WITHOUT A REBOOT
ALSO IS THERE A WAY DE-ACTIVATE ALL THIS WITHOUT A REBOOT IN CASE =
SOMETHING GOES WRONG WHICH USUALLY DOES WITH MY FIREWALL RULES

www.computerking.ca QUALITY and SERVICE first.