Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:22:00 -0700
From:      Joshua Oreman <oremanj@get-linux.org>
To:        G D McKee <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extract Single Port from CVSUP

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:58:09PM +0100 or thereabouts, G D McKee wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I want to extract one port from a cvsup server at a certain date in
> time.  I know you can do it for the whole tree, but is there a way
> of doing it for a single port.

You should really use anoncvs for this. Find an anoncvs server near you (see the Handbook),
and do this (bourne-style shell assumed):
$ export CVSROOT=<the-cvsroot-it-says-to-use-in-the-handbook>
$ cvs login
Logging in to $CVSROOT
CVS password: <press enter>
[ With luck, it should accept you. If it says "server max connection limit exceeded" or
  something equally depressing, try again later. ]
$ cvs checkout -D <date-and-time> <port-name>
$ cvs logout
$ unset CVSROOT

-- Josh