Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:03:36 +0100
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        "Justin P. Michel" <jpmichel@jcontinuum.ca>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CD Recording

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 06:05 am, Justin P. Michel wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
> Is there an easy process for CD duplication using FreeBSD V4.7-R, and a
> standard IDE/ATAPI burner?   I used to use "Nero" under Windows, but no=
w am
> lost with "dd" and "burncd", as it seems I have to know beforehand how =
many
> tracks are on the CD's, and what types they are.
>=20

dd if=3D/dev/acd0c of=3Dfoo.iso bs=3D2048   will read an iso off a data C=
burncd -f /dev/acd0c data foo.iso fixate   will burn it to cd-r

easy enough once you know the commands.

you need other options for audio cd's and probably other things so there'=
s a=20
whole handbook section on it:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.ht=
ml

if between that and the burncd manpage you don't get it, you may want to =
try=20
one of the gui burner programs others have mentioned or look in=20
www.freebsd.org/ports for more.

Tim