Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:17:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Notes that didn't make it into the 2.2.5 release notes

> I expected to see "Significant improvements to the SymBios driver including
> fast20 support for 53C875 based cards" close to the one about improvements
> to the Adaptec driver.  Also, the Diamond FirePort cards should be mentioned
> further down in the SymBios driver section.

You did?  Gee, why? :)

> So, what do we do about it?  Shout "Hey you lot!  Blow your trumpet in the
> release notes when you update a driver!" at the developers?  Just leave it

Yes.  I've done this many times, in fact, as has Joerg (the latter
even putting some time into adding entries for other people) and I
guess people just need to get the message.  Perhaps having their
favorite feature unheralded enough times is the only way the message
is going to sink in. :-)

					Jordan