Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 03:12:40 +0800 (CST)
From:      Yow Jou Lin <yjlin@carpet.v6s.dorm.ncku.edu.tw>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, FreeBSD bugs list <freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kern/2545: < sd0(ncr0:6:0): COMMAND FAILED >

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Stefan Esser wrote:

>No, it doesn't. I know how to deal with the Tekram DC390W/U/F
>cards config NVRAM, but not with that of the Symbios cards
>(and any card using SDMS as its BIOS). I did not have time
>to complete the initialization of driver parameters from
>NVRAM values, but have working code to dump the Tekram cards'
>setup (its in -current). I'll complete the code as soon as
>I have the time, but can't guarantee a date for when it will
>be available (due to being overloaded with paid work, currently).

I don't know some of above , about the " NVRAM, SDMS , Symbios cards"
Is there any documents I can reference ? And I know the coding
takes time . But I just want to know how you works . Where and
how do you get the knowledge base ? May I join you ?

>I don't need all of dmesg, but all lines that might contain
>information about the error. This will be up to 10 lines above
>the COMMAND FAILED message (and perhaps a few more below).

The relative message is just like what I typed to you before .
--
assertion "cp" failed: file "../../pci/ncr.c", line 5540
sd0(ncr0:6:0): COMMAND FAILED (4 28) @f137ca00.

>The system retries the failed operation, and will succeed on
>second try, most of the time. But I don't see that message at
>all, and I'm also using an IBM DORS ...

  Thank you for your regards, again .
  And have a good day .. ^_^

  Regards, yjlin