Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:30:02 GMT
From:      Anderson Guzman <aguzman@pendulosoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/179165: graphics/openimageio fail to compile

The following reply was made to PR ports/179165; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anderson Guzman <aguzman@pendulosoftware.com>
To: Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 12:56:49 -0430

 Hi Shane, nice to write you again... I'll response to you between lines

 > I thought the GLIBCXX_3.4.11 came from gcc46 but the same appears to be
 > generated when building with gcc48. The rpath should end with gcc48 if
 > you have gcc48 and not gcc46.

 Yes, the rpath should be gcc48 and not gcc46...

 > Are you building with gcc48 by adding USE_GCC=4.8 or are you doing
 > CC=gcc48? Using USE_GCC should add the rpath setting for you.

 The 2nd try to compile ports/openimageio only I edit  GH_COMMIT in MakeFile and /etc/make.conf  is untouched... I never try adding USE_GCC=4.8

 > If opencolorio and openimageio are both built with gcc from the base
 > system you might still get the GLIBCXX linking issue through boost-libs.

 I checked GLIBCXX strings from libboost 1.52.0:

 Boost:

 # strings /usr/local/lib/libboost_filesystem.so | grep GLIBCXX
 GLIBCXX_3.4

 Your comment invite me to check opencolorio GLIBCXX strings and I see that is linking to gcc48 (GLIBCXX_3.4.11), later I uninstalled opencolorio and try to compile it again but with gcc from base.

 Opencolorio was installed perfectly and later I try to compile openimageio and it compile perfect too...

 > I'll attach a patch here to fix the gcc48 compilation which I will add
 > to the 1.1.11 update. You can either save it to
 > /usr/ports/graphics/openimageio/files/patch-ptex.imageio_ptex_PtexWriter.cpp
 > or wait for the update to be applied.

 When 1.1.11 update is available in ports tree I'll test it with gcc48...

 Thanks for your time Shane, efforts and fast response,

 --
 Anderson Guzman <aguzman@pendulosoftware.com>