Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:07:27 -0500
From:      Chen Xu <xu@stentor.bu.edu>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld Fails

> cc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib/libssl.

fatal signal 11 usually indicating the problem related to hardware.
There is an item in faq, please check that. (www.freebsd.org).

I experiecned the signal 11 myself before. I played around with
external/internal cache, then suddendly it worked. You might want to try
to disable one of them at one time (not both of them at the same time),
then see what will happen.

Good luck,

--
Chen Xu