Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:42:34 -0400
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Experiences with NEWCARD

> : of I'm pretty sure that the pci device id's for the 656 prolly arent in there,
>
> We're having problems with the modem side of the 656.

According to the linux driver (on scyld somewhere. the url temporarily escapes
me) the modem part is a winmodem.

> Bit it looks like the card isn't really being enabled properly from
> the dmesg that you sent.

How much of that is related to me not kldloading if_xl (in the original
email). See the followup to myself for what happens when I have if_xl
kldloaded.

I added the following lines to xl_attach():

   if (pci_get_device(dev) == TC_DEVICEID_HURRICANE_656C)
      sc->xl_flags |= XL_FLAG_EEPROM_OFFSET_30 | XL_FLAG_8BITROM |
                      XL_FLAG_FUNCREG | XL_FLAG_PHYOK |
                      XL_FLAG_INVERT_MII_PWR;

based on my reading of the rest of if_xl.c and glancing at the linux driver,
but it still spits out a bogus station address.

josh

--
"Watching those 2 guys [Bush and Gore] debate is like watching Ben Stein read
'The Story of O'" -- Dennis Miller