Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 16:01:54 +0100
From:      "Steve Roome" <steve@lonres.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   snapshot mtime updated

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Hi all, I've got a problem where I'm taking a snapshot
of a filesystem, mdcofigging (readonly) and then mounting it ro,noatime.

Somehow the mtime on the snapshot file is being updated whenever I read
from the newly mounted md device (pointing at the snapshot).

This doesn't seem right, and I've included the script I'm using to
do this.  I'm not really interested in ways to fix this script,
though there are probably many better ways to do this, right now I'm
just unsure if this is the correct behavious for snapshots.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows what's going on here,

	Steve Roome

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, please cc responses to me.

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--