Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:47:36 +0000
From:      Daniela <dgw@liwest.at>
To:        Kristian Vaaf <vaaf@broadpark.no>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to patch a beautiful desktop

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 04:34, Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've done some research on how to make ones desktop look the best,
> without being too bloated in terms of looks and functionality but still
> classify as good design and give users a smooth experience.
>
> I've found that if done correctly, Openbox together with Gnome can look
> pretty darn nice. I've found some nice themes for Openbox as well as GTK
> 1 and 2, however the Openbox code needs some patching. There already
> is a patch, but having the obsessive compulsive disorder, I want the patch
> file to also look good.

I know all too well what you're talking about, I have nearly the same
obsessions ...

> After I edited it, it wouldn't work. No matter what line/character
> coordinates I typed in for the @@ lines. I also assume it's unnecessary, at
> least it ought to be, including lines other than + and - unless they serve
> a purpose.

The lines with a '+' are to be inserted, the ones with a '-' are to be
deleted. The ones with the '@' signs are the "context lines", and they
contain the text of the lines immediately preceding and following the lines
to be inserted or deleted. It might seem redundant, but without them the
changes could be made at the wrong place, even with line numbers given.

--
Hope is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.