Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:46:29 +0400
From:      Michael Lvov <mike@mx.rosbnk.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.2 kernel compilation erros

Help me please!

I am running FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE
(FreeBSD squid.rosbnk.ru 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE #0:
Mon Jul 12 18:34:19 MSD 1999
root@squid.rosbnk.ru:/usr/src/sys/compile/SQUIDF  i386)
and all was well for a long time, I successfully rebuild
kernel several times, but suddenly something goes wrong and
step `make` (after `config` and `make depend`) ends with
errors:

  vfs_bio.o: In function `vfs_buf_set_valid':
  vfs_bio.o(.text+0x2569): undefined reference to `__cmpdi2'
  msdosfs_vnops.o: In function `msdosfs_readdir':
  msdosfs_vnops.o(.text+0x23f9): undefined reference to
`__cmpdi2'
  ffs_vnops.o: In function `ffs_getpages':
  ffs_vnops.o(.text+0xe56): undefined reference to
`__cmpdi2'
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.

This happens for GENERIC configuration too.

I search through the web and find messages in FreeBSD Mail
Archives with the same problem. Recommendations was to `make
clean` in kernel compile directory and to remove
/usr/src/sys and reinstall it. I followed these
recommendations, and in addition remove and install again
gcc-2.8.1 package, but nothing help.
Errors remain the same.

Are there another workarounds or I have to reinstall
FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance.