Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:58:13 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win7 client, IPv6 network, multicast DNS equests and BIND name server?

Hello, Mattia.
You wrote 28 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D1=80=D1=82=D0=B0 2013 =D0=B3., 18:58:32:

MR> And now your Win7 should be happy.
  I don't want to add second dhcpd (unfortunately, isc-dhcpd could not
 process  IPv4 and IPv6 in single process), and it is not a problem to
 have  IPv4  only  DNS  when  dhcpd is accessible. And if dhcpd is not
 accessible, dhcpd6 will not be too :)

MR> Win7 using ff01: for DNS lookups seems a bit strange to me, as I thought
MR> that Win7 is using LLMNR=20
MR> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_Multicast_Name_Resolution), the
MR> addresses from the ff02: range.
  It is my typo, ff02:, of course.

MR> I've looked into getting MDNS to update BIND like DHCP would do for=20
MR> DDNS, but had no luck to get that going.
  I've  tried  to  get  ANY  DDNS updates from Win7 without AD, but it
 looks  like  there  is  no  updates  are  sent  :(  But it is another
 question, and it is much more windows-related.

MR> I don't think LLMNR could interoperate with BIND at all.
 :(

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>