Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 17:24:47 -0500
From:      jeroyce@ualr.edu
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   disregard usres can't login after make world

I figured out that something is wrong with bash and the
users have
that as their default login shell. Fixed it by changing the
default shell.
Thanks, Joe

Hi all,
        I did an upgrade from 3.1-stable to 3.2-stable and
now my
users
can't login. When I logged in as root it didn't ask for a
password and
when  I try to login as a user it gives me the 'Login
incorrect' error.
vipw shows that the users exist but when I try "passwd user"
it says the
user is unknown. Any help on how to fix this would be
greatly appreciated.
When replying please cc to this email address.

-Joe