Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:16:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        mariusz@kam.pl
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsupd & old date

In article <Pine.BSF.4.20.0003020716450.73432-100000@bsd.kam.pl>,
mariusz  <mariusz@kam.pl> wrote:

> I changed involuntarily date in my system on 1944

I assume this was some kind of Y2K work around.

> This only such little attention :>>
>
> from cvsup.log
>
> CVSup update begins at 1944/05/04 08:20:02
> Updating from cvsup.internat.freebsd.org
>

> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    Value out of range
> ***    file "../src/uid/Common/TimeStamp.m3", line 63
> ***

Naturally!  The code aborts because it thinks it hasn't been written
yet. :-)

Seriously, I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem.  But if you
want this fixed I think you'll probably have to fix it yourself.  I
just can't get very excited about trying to support systems which
think it is 1944.  Sorry.

John