Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:15:21 +0100
From:      Peter Much <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3: Sharedlibs using sharedlibs (and Tcl)]

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

Ups, forgot the mailinglist...

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:52:24 +0100
From: Peter Much <peter@gate.oper.dinoex.org>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:28:14PM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

Hi Palle,

I'm glad You are in with it!

! There is (and was in 5.3 release) a knob to build postgresql with Kerberos.
! WITH_HEIMDAL_KRB5=YES. Did you try that when building PostgreSQL? It would

oh yes, thats the first thing I did!
This is ok and working so far: standard postgres (without Tcl) has
kerberos support working.

It starts getting difficult when it comes to the Tcl support:
In the Makefile for ports/databases/postgresql-tcltk this exact knob
is not honored. With the result that from pgtclsh we cannot connect
to postgres with kerberos authentication.

So I modified that Makefile a little to build my Tcl stuff with kerberos
support. This worked as expected, and now my pgtclsh could connect
with kerberos authentication.

But pgaccess still could not.

! I think this is what went wrong; the postgresql source has a configure
! option for building and linking with Kerberos, this option is reflected in
! the port, but it was not used in this case.

Sorry, no. Sometimes I'm really stupid, but I think not this time. ;-)

PMc

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--