Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 03:37:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.audi

Taku YAMAMOTO writes:
> How about saving mixer state to /var/db/mixerX ?
> # Note that this code isn't fully tested. Use at your own :)

I like this idea - so much I think it ought to be in the base
system. You can find my patches in <URL:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=21722 >

I made some improvements, though. Like trying to support multiple
mixers, and using the -s flag on mixer instead of an awk script to get
output suitable for resetting the mixer.

It's just not clear where in /etc/rc & /etc/rc.shutdown it belongs.

	<mike