Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:59:24 +0000
From:      Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>
To:        Collins Richey <erichey2@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cups on FreeBSD

The standard procedure is to go to /usr/ports/print/cups-base
and type make install here. Once it is installed you can type make clean.
This will install cups on your system.
In your /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory will be a script to start-up to CUPS
deamon. When it is not just do cp cupsd.sh.sample cupsd.sh.
Once you reboot your system CUPS is up and running.
Of course there can be some naughty problem to configure it right for your
printers, but that is the next thing.

Simon Siemonsma