Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   resolver patch for pre-4.5 OS.

Hello!

I wonder if anybody had any problem with the recommended patch for the
resolver problem in libc while using it with systems older then 4.5 ?
The patch seems to apply just fine, but I am not sure if there
was a significant code change (and at what point), so it could break
something else, if applied to an earlier version.
I'd appreciate if somebody with the knowledge of that code
(and its evolution) can comment on this.

Thanks,

Igor