Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:39:24 -0800
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6-STABLE TCP nfs Linux client hangs (UPDATE)

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:24 -0800, Sean McNeil wrote:
> I have a 2x Athlon running with amd64 kernel and I can hang 2 Linux
> clients by attempting to write large amounts of data over TCP nfs.  If I
> set the nfsd to be UDP only, the problem never occurs.
>
> Please let me know what I can do to help track this problem down.

It appears that the above isn't the case.  I managed to get a failure of
nfs in UDP mode as well.  I got some messages about jumbo frames that
didn't make sense coming from the NIC when that happened and some
corruption of files.  I believe there is an issue with mpsafe on the sk0
nic.

Turning off debug.mpsafenet (i.e. setting to 0) seems to have resolved
the issue for me at the moment.

Sean